We at Digital Legacy Technology Limited treat the privacy of our visitors with the highest importance. This policy details the measures we take to preserving and safely guarding your privacy when you visit our site or communicate with our personnel.
- Information Collection
We collect the following personal information from our website and interaction with you:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Your location
You provide this information when you visit our website, register on our website, respond to our survey, or contact us to request for any information. We do not intentionally or knowingly collect any sensitive personal information. We ask that you do not send to us nor disclose such sensitive personal information.
- Your information and how it is Used
Primarily, we collect and store data about you to help us better connect with you. The following are purposes we may use your information for:
- To analyse the traffic on our website, including determining the number of visitors to the website and analyse how they navigate the website.
- To monitor, review, evaluate and improve your experience when you visit our website.
- At any time you request information from us via a form or other electronic transmission we may use your information to fulfil that request.
- To keep you updated on our activities, programmes and events where consent has been given.
- To carry out our obligations to you under the programme for which you have been selected; for monitoring, research and evaluation of the impact of our programme; and to review and evaluate the programme for further modifications and improvement.
- Where we have any contracts with you which create a commitment, we may require contact or use of your information.
- To process or manage your appointments with any of our staff.
- To fulfil legal obligations to report any criminal or unethical activity
- Accessing Information
The Nigerian Freedom of Information Act 2011 provides you with the right to access the information that we collect about you. Please note any demand for access may be subject to a fee which covers our costs in providing you with the data requested.
You may contact us via the email address provided at the end of this policy with respect to the exercise of the above stated right or if you would like to learn more about the personal information we have of you.
- Persons who have access to your information
In addition to our staff who are responsible for our marketing and communication and IT security, the following trusted third parties have access to your information:
- We use a customer relationship management tool to help manage our contact database and send out email communications to you.
- Professional service providers such as IT providers and website hosts.
We will transfer your personal information to only those third parties who we are sure can offer the required level of protection to your privacy and information. We do not and will not at any point in time sell your personal information to any third party. Where required by law, we may need to disclose your information to regulatory authorities.
Our advertisers and organisation may have the occasion to collect information in regard to your computer for our services. The information is gained in a statistical manner for our use or advertisers on our site.
Data gathered will not identify you personally. It is strictly aggregate statistical data about our visitors and how they used our resources on the site. No identifying personal information will be shared at any time via cookies.
Close to the above, data gathering can be about general online use through a cookie file. When used, cookies are automatically placed in your hard drive where information transferred to your computer can be found. These cookies are designed to help us correct and improve our site’s services for you.
You may elect to decline all cookies via your computer. Every computer has the ability to decline file downloads like cookies. Your browser has an option to enable the declining of cookies. If you do decline cookie downloads you may be limited to certain areas of our site, as there are parts of our site that require cookies.
Any of our advertisers may also have a use for cookies. We are not responsible, nor do we have control of the cookies downloaded from advertisements. They are downloaded only if you click on the advertisement.
Information submitted by you is stored on secure servers we have which are encrypted and access is restricted to only authorised persons in charge of maintaining the servers. We have put in place physical, electronic and procedural processes that safeguard and protect your information against unauthorised access, modification or erasure. However, we cannot guarantee 100% security as no security programme is completely fool proof.
As you know, transmission of data on the internet is never guaranteed regarding safety. It is impossible to completely guarantee your safety with electronic data and transmission. You are therefore at your own risk if you elect to transmit any data.
- Transfer of Personal Data
- Retention of Personal Information
We retain your personal information for no longer than reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy and in accordance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Third Party Links
- Contacting Us